Are you prepared to have the time of your like while working to help create spaces of Christian hospitality and care?
While you are working at beautiful Wallowa Lake Camp, nestled in "Oregon's Alps," your housing and most of your meals will be provided.
Together, we will work as a team, serving guests through the practice of Christian hospitality by sharing tasks, including basic housekeeping, maintenance, dishwashing, and anything else needed to help make a guest feel comfortable and at home.
Hours will vary with some periods of very long hours. Potential staff must be able to work quickly and stand / work for very long hours.
All applicants must pass a required background check.
PAID POSITIONS:(start/end dates somewhat flexible….end of May – mid Sept or early Oct?)
- ASSISTANT COOK
- ASSISTANT COOK - PREP
- HORSE CAMP FEMALE COUNSELORS July 29 – Aug 18 (no horse experience necessary)
- HORSE CAMP LEAD July 29 - Aug 18 (no horse experience necessary)
- *HORSE CAMP FEMALE COUNSELORS IN TRAINING unpaid volunteer counselors-great experience & references
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS: (available for over 16 year olds)
*volunteer up to 6 hours a day and get free housing, meals when served and free time to play!
- DISHWASHING needed when groups are at camp
- MEAL SET UP / CLEAN UP needed when groups are at camp
- CONSTRUCTION as needed
- MISCELLANEOUS as needed such as window washing, grounds clean up, weed-eating, ….
- PAINTING/STAINING as needed
- OFFICE ASSISTANTS (long term seasonal at camp (filing, shredding, camp store, phones, other and/ or volunteer from home doing computer work; verifying staff forms)
- FUNDRAISING / DONOR APPRECIATION
- SITE MINISTRY TEAM
- CAMP CHAPLAIN leading morning watches when groups are in camp, other…
- PROGRAM LEADERS designing and leading camp programs
CONTACT: Camp Director: Peggy Lovegren WallowaLake@GoCamping.org / 541-432-1271
Wallowa Lake Camp 84522 Church Lane, Joseph, OR. 97846
Feel free to write or call for job descriptions, volunteer information, and to apply! Come Join the Fun!